DSP murder: Major punishment recommended against 4 cops
Lucknow: Major punishment has been recommended against four policemen in connection with the killing of Deputy Superintendent of Police Zia-ul-Haq in Pratapgarh district last month.
"In his report submitted with the SP, ASP, who was conducting departmental inquiry has recommended major punishment against four policemen," IG (law and order) R K Vishwakarma told reporters here on Monday.
He said that policemen against whom major punishment has been recommended include SHO Kunda Sarvesh Krishna, SHO Hathgawan Manoj Kumar Shukla, senior sub-inspector Kunda and constable Imran.
Vishwakarma said that major punishment include dismissal from the service, adding that the ASP has also recommended minor punishment against four employees attached with SHO Hathgawan.
"These are the employees, who were supposed to accompany the SHO, but he did not took them with him," he said.
The IG said that show cause notices were also being issued to these employees.
Balipur village head Nanhe Yadav, his brother Suresh and DSP Zia-ul-Haq were killed on March 2 in Pratapgarh, triggering a public outrage after which the Samajwadi Party government handed probe to the CBI.
Later, Parveen, widow of DSP Zia-ul-Haq, had accused then UP minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh of being the key conspirator in the murder of her husband.
She had lodged an FIR against the minister, after which Raghuraj was forced to quit the Akhilesh Yadav government.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know