Elderly woman robbed, pushed out of moving train in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: An elderly woman had a close shave when she was pushed out of a train by two armed men after being robbed of her valuables, police said on Sunday.
The woman, who had boarded the train in Lucknow, was found unconscious on the tracks with several injuries on her head, legs and hands.
The incident took place late last night when the 60-year-old was about to de-board the Shatabdi Express at Ghaziabad station.
Two-armed robbers tried to snatch her purse containing jewellery, cash and mobile phone, and pushed her out of the train when she resisted, police said, adding that they managed to flee with the valuables.
She was taken to the district hospital, and was later shifted to a private hospital, they added.
Police have registered a case of robbery at the GRP station in Ghaziabad in this connection, and are scanning the CCTV footages to identify the miscreants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?