Ensure all manholes are covered in Noida: CEO
Noida: In the wake of the death of a senior official of ONGC after a fall in a manhole in adjacent Indirapuram, Noida authorities on Wednesday ordered that no manhole should be kept open.
Noida Chief Executive Officer Sanjiv Saran, while launching a sanitary drive in the city, directed the officers to see that no manhole is open or is without a cover as this may lead to accidents and someone may fall.
Saran also launched a SMS complaint service for residents. The mobile number is 8860112244.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka