Ensure proper treatment to cancer-stricken prisoners: HC to UP
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court today ordered that "proper and adequate treatment" be provided to 14 prisoners, currently lodged at the Naini Central Jail on the outskirts of the city, who are reportedly suffering from cancer.
A Division Bench comprising Chief Justice Shiva Kirti Singh and Justice Dilip Gupta passed the order while treating a media report, about 14 prisoners lodged in the jail having been diagnosed with cancer and five of them being in "critical condition," as a Public Interest Litigation.
Arraying Principal Secretary (Home) of Uttar Pradesh, the state`s Inspector General (Prison) and Jail Superintendent of Naini Jail as respondents, the court ordered that "all the relevant details relating to the prisoners suffering from cancer and also the treatment being provided to them" be placed on record on the next date of hearing in the matter on April 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm
- Photo alert! Imran Khan and wife Avantika Malik party with Ranbir Kapoor