Even policemen not safe in SP-ruled Uttar Pradesh: BJP
Lucknow: Criticising the Samajwadi Party government over "deteriorating" law and order situation in Uttar Pradesh, BJP on Wednesday claimed that even policemen were not safe in the state.
"Recent attacks on policemen confirm that there is complete anarchy in the Samajwadi Party government. If policemen are not safe then what will happen to common people," BJP`s chief spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said here.
He claimed that a senior officer was assaulted by armed liquor smugglers when he along with his team went to raid an illicit liquor shop in Ghaziabad yesterday.
"In another incident yesterday, a police team was attacked when it went to check cow slaughter in Etah district in which six policemen were injured. Similarly a policeman was shot at in Firozabad," he alleged.
Claiming that these incidents indicate that the law and order situation in the state has hit rock bottom, Pathak said: "Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav repeatedly talks about improving law and order, but the reality is totally opposite."
"Such incidents demoralise the force, therefore the government must take some strict measures," he said.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Sniffing rosemary helps improve brain power of old people
- After Uyghur activist Dolkun Isa, India cancels visa of Tiananmen activist Lu Jinghua
- MUST WATCH: Amazing speech by BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu blasting Congress
- Sony swings to $1.4 bn annual profit as PlayStation sales soar
- Centre, CBSE propose NEET schedule; exam may be conducted in two phases