Farmers` protest Agra-Lucknow expressway
Agra: Protesting against the acquisition of their farmlands, villagers sent back the survey team for the proposed Lucknow Greenfield expressway.
Farmers of Fatehabad villagers in the district yesterday forced the return of a survey team which had come here to survey their fields for the land acquisition.
"We have nothing besides fields for our livelihood and it is impossible for us to give our lands for the project," a villager told a news agency.
Deputy District Magistrate PD Gupta and Revenue Superintendent Sardar Singh failed to convince the farmers.
UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had recently announced to make an eight-lane Greenfield Expressway from Agra to Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you