Farmers` protest Agra-Lucknow expressway
Agra: Protesting against the acquisition of their farmlands, villagers sent back the survey team for the proposed Lucknow Greenfield expressway.
Farmers of Fatehabad villagers in the district yesterday forced the return of a survey team which had come here to survey their fields for the land acquisition.
"We have nothing besides fields for our livelihood and it is impossible for us to give our lands for the project," a villager told a news agency.
Deputy District Magistrate PD Gupta and Revenue Superintendent Sardar Singh failed to convince the farmers.
UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had recently announced to make an eight-lane Greenfield Expressway from Agra to Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre