FIR against BSP MLA for beating villager for land
Varanasi: An FIR has been lodged against a
ruling BSP MLA, his brothers and two others on the directives
of a local court here for allegedly beating up and abusing a
villager to forcibly acquire his land to develop a private
colony, police sources said here on Sunday.
An FIR was lodged against BSP MLA from Jamania Raj Kumar
Singh, his brothers Dharmendra and Balwant and two others at
Shivpur police station yesterday on the order of the Judicial
Magistrate on an application moved by one Ram Nath Patel,
resident of a village in the constituency, they said.
The MLA and others have been charged under various
sections of the IPC including causing intentional hurt to the
complainant and threatening him with dire consequences, the
Ram Nath had moved an application against the MLA and
others last year charging them with resorting to coercive ways
to force him to part with his land to develop a private
The Judicial Magistrate passed an order on his plea on
August 26 directing the police to lodge a case against the MLA
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster