FIR against BSP MLA for beating villager for land
Varanasi: An FIR has been lodged against a
ruling BSP MLA, his brothers and two others on the directives
of a local court here for allegedly beating up and abusing a
villager to forcibly acquire his land to develop a private
colony, police sources said here on Sunday.
An FIR was lodged against BSP MLA from Jamania Raj Kumar
Singh, his brothers Dharmendra and Balwant and two others at
Shivpur police station yesterday on the order of the Judicial
Magistrate on an application moved by one Ram Nath Patel,
resident of a village in the constituency, they said.
The MLA and others have been charged under various
sections of the IPC including causing intentional hurt to the
complainant and threatening him with dire consequences, the
Ram Nath had moved an application against the MLA and
others last year charging them with resorting to coercive ways
to force him to part with his land to develop a private
The Judicial Magistrate passed an order on his plea on
August 26 directing the police to lodge a case against the MLA
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan