Five girls raped in Uttar Pradesh in four days
Lucknow: Five girls, including a dalit
girl were sexually assaulted in different districts of Uttar
Pradesh in the last four days, police said on Monday.
In Jhansi, a 17 year-old girl committed suicide after
she was allegedly raped in Taktauli village in Mau Ranipur
police station area.
The girl sprinkled kerosene and set herself ablaze in
her village yesterday after Kailash Ahirvar of the same
village allegedly raped her on Saturday, Superintendent of
police P K Tewari said.
In a separate incident, Congress president Sonia
Gandhi`s constituency Raebareli, a minor dalit girl was raped
by two youths.
The girl was raped by Akbar and Jackie alias Govind
when she was returning home in Lalganj area on February 3,
Special Director General (law and order) Brij Lal said,
adding that both the accused had been arrested.
The SDG said that in Badaun a teenager was raped by a
youth, after administering drugs to her family members.
Saira Begum informed the police that Asif, who used to
frequent her house, in connivance with his friend Yunus
administered some drug to her family on Saturday night after
which they fell unconscious.
"She alleged that later Yunus entered her house and
raped her daughter. Asif and Yunus have been arrested in this
connection," Brij Lal said.
In another incident a 14-year-old girl was raped in
Mirchasi area of Etah district.
The girl was dragged in the field and raped by one
Prempal last evening, Superintendent of Police Laxmi Narain
said, adding that a case had been registered against the
In a separate incident a man slit the nose of a dalit
woman after failing to develop illicit relationship with her
in Bhadohi district.
Birju Gautam (35) attempted to develop illicit
relationship with Kajal (30) in Hulaspur area late last night,
When the woman resisted the move, Birju attacked her
with a knife and slit her nose, they said adding that the
accused had been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing