Five injured in stone-pelting in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: Tension gripped Basikala village on Saturday when at least five persons belonging to a particular community were injured in alleged stone-pelting by members of another community, police said.
The incident took place when people travelling in a tractor were going to Nagal to participate in a meeting organised to demand for withdrawing cases registered in connection with the Kawal incident, they said.
Meanwhile, security has been tightened in view of Nagal meeting, organised for a second time and prohibition orders have been imposed in the area, police added.
Several people had participated in the first meeting despite the ban imposed by district authority.
Tension had erupted in the district`s Kawal village on August 27 after three persons were killed in a minor dispute following the collision of two motorbikes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'