Five injured in stone-pelting in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: Tension gripped Basikala village on Saturday when at least five persons belonging to a particular community were injured in alleged stone-pelting by members of another community, police said.
The incident took place when people travelling in a tractor were going to Nagal to participate in a meeting organised to demand for withdrawing cases registered in connection with the Kawal incident, they said.
Meanwhile, security has been tightened in view of Nagal meeting, organised for a second time and prohibition orders have been imposed in the area, police added.
Several people had participated in the first meeting despite the ban imposed by district authority.
Tension had erupted in the district`s Kawal village on August 27 after three persons were killed in a minor dispute following the collision of two motorbikes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Kashmir unrest: 7-member committee to explore alternatives to pellet guns
- Govt must protect central bank's independence: Raghuram Rajan
- CAG picks holes in coal mines auction by NDA govt
- TCS, Infosys in Forbes 'Super 50' list; Tata Motors, HUL dropped
- Satpal Singh fumes at his name being dragged in doping controversy surrounding Narsingh Yadav