Five injured in stone-pelting in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: Tension gripped Basikala village on Saturday when at least five persons belonging to a particular community were injured in alleged stone-pelting by members of another community, police said.
The incident took place when people travelling in a tractor were going to Nagal to participate in a meeting organised to demand for withdrawing cases registered in connection with the Kawal incident, they said.
Meanwhile, security has been tightened in view of Nagal meeting, organised for a second time and prohibition orders have been imposed in the area, police added.
Several people had participated in the first meeting despite the ban imposed by district authority.
Tension had erupted in the district`s Kawal village on August 27 after three persons were killed in a minor dispute following the collision of two motorbikes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Now, Nashik farmers sell fresh grapes online!
- Watch: Paraplegic Deepa Malik talks about her achievements!
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Mumbai: Mobile app to fight ISIS influence among youth across India
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen