Five stabbed by unidentified assailants in Lucknow
Lucknow: Unidentified bike borne assailants early Saturday stabbed five people in the Uttar Pradesh state capital, police said.
According to the police, the incidents took place in the posh Gomtinagar area after mid-night when five different people were stabbed within a radius of one kilometre, around three kilometres away from the chief minister`s official residence at 5, Kalidas Marg.
The victims recalled three bike riders and the shape of the bike. Vehicles were being checked overnight and efforts are on to nab the culprits, said an official.
"We are not very sure but it may be the handiwork of a psycho killer as well," averred a senior official, on condition of anonymity.
The stabbing incident first took place near the Madhurima restaurant, then at Vibhuti Khand, then at Niligiri Complex and then near the Lohia Path.
All victims are out of danger but have received serious wounds, including gashes on stomach and neck, an official told a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Gionee to set up manufacturing unit, invest Rs 500 crore
- 26/11 Mumbai attack case: Pak court sends terror financier to judicial custody, snubs investigators
- It's OUT! Love happens at fourth sight, not first
- China warns India over deployment of BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- Switch to high speed 4G Jio, stop using Vodafone, Airtel: Reliance to employees