Five stabbed by unidentified assailants in Lucknow
Lucknow: Unidentified bike borne assailants early Saturday stabbed five people in the Uttar Pradesh state capital, police said.
According to the police, the incidents took place in the posh Gomtinagar area after mid-night when five different people were stabbed within a radius of one kilometre, around three kilometres away from the chief minister`s official residence at 5, Kalidas Marg.
The victims recalled three bike riders and the shape of the bike. Vehicles were being checked overnight and efforts are on to nab the culprits, said an official.
"We are not very sure but it may be the handiwork of a psycho killer as well," averred a senior official, on condition of anonymity.
The stabbing incident first took place near the Madhurima restaurant, then at Vibhuti Khand, then at Niligiri Complex and then near the Lohia Path.
All victims are out of danger but have received serious wounds, including gashes on stomach and neck, an official told a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city