Five stabbed by unidentified assailants in Lucknow
Lucknow: Unidentified bike borne assailants early Saturday stabbed five people in the Uttar Pradesh state capital, police said.
According to the police, the incidents took place in the posh Gomtinagar area after mid-night when five different people were stabbed within a radius of one kilometre, around three kilometres away from the chief minister`s official residence at 5, Kalidas Marg.
The victims recalled three bike riders and the shape of the bike. Vehicles were being checked overnight and efforts are on to nab the culprits, said an official.
"We are not very sure but it may be the handiwork of a psycho killer as well," averred a senior official, on condition of anonymity.
The stabbing incident first took place near the Madhurima restaurant, then at Vibhuti Khand, then at Niligiri Complex and then near the Lohia Path.
All victims are out of danger but have received serious wounds, including gashes on stomach and neck, an official told a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Asian markets sink as stimulus hopes rolled back
- Lodha panel report: CAB cancels AGM after SC's verdict
- Peter Thiel tells Republican convention he is ''proud to be gay''
- Know what Kapil Sharma’s team did the moment ‘bua’ Upasana Singh quit ‘Comedy Nights Live’
- Papua New Guinea leader survives no-confidence vote