Fog returns in UP, disrupts rail, air traffic
Lucknow: Trains were running late and flight schedules were disrupted due to fog returning in Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday.
Jet Airways and Indigo, which had cancelled their early morning flights till Jan 28, have now extended this to Jan 31, officials said.
The only morning flight now available for passengers is Air India (AI412) between New Delhi and Lucknow.
The weatherman predicted that fog would stay for two days and the sun will only show up past noon.
More than a dozen trains were running late.
The maximum temperature in Lucknow Monday was 21.6 degrees Celsius, two degrees below average. The minimum temperature was 12.8 degrees Celsius, two degrees below average.
Icy winds from the Himalayas are also compounding the weather woes, the Met Office said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa