Forensic experts begin probe into researcher`s murder case
Agra: A seven-member team of the Forensic Science Laboratory has began their probe into the murder of the 23-year-old research scholar of a private university here, official sources said on Monday.
For over five hours yesterday, the forensic experts team led by Deputy Inspector A K Mittal surveyed the scene, inspected the inside of the laboratory afresh and took samples of blood stains on the floor of the lab, the sources said.
The source said that the team recovered a pair of white socks and white gloves believed to be of the victim Neha Sharma, some pieces of a wiper of the lab, a broken spectacle, a visiting card of the University of Missouri from outside the laboratory.
Besides, the experts also recovered a broken ear top from near where Neha`s laptop had been found.
It is believed that the ear top was broken and fell during the struggle, Neha might have had with her attackers.
The 23-year-old victim, a nanotechnology researcher, was found dead under mysterious circumstances in her laboratory on March 16.
The girl`s body bearing multiple knife marks was found laying in a pool of blood, with her hands tied behind her back.
The incident had sparked protests by the college students and drawn ire from the opposition parties over the poor law and order situation in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat