Forensic experts begin probe into researcher`s murder case
Agra: A seven-member team of the Forensic Science Laboratory has began their probe into the murder of the 23-year-old research scholar of a private university here, official sources said on Monday.
For over five hours yesterday, the forensic experts team led by Deputy Inspector A K Mittal surveyed the scene, inspected the inside of the laboratory afresh and took samples of blood stains on the floor of the lab, the sources said.
The source said that the team recovered a pair of white socks and white gloves believed to be of the victim Neha Sharma, some pieces of a wiper of the lab, a broken spectacle, a visiting card of the University of Missouri from outside the laboratory.
Besides, the experts also recovered a broken ear top from near where Neha`s laptop had been found.
It is believed that the ear top was broken and fell during the struggle, Neha might have had with her attackers.
The 23-year-old victim, a nanotechnology researcher, was found dead under mysterious circumstances in her laboratory on March 16.
The girl`s body bearing multiple knife marks was found laying in a pool of blood, with her hands tied behind her back.
The incident had sparked protests by the college students and drawn ire from the opposition parties over the poor law and order situation in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks