Four injured in clash in UP
Bhadoi (UP): Four persons, including two children, were injured in a clash between two groups over installation of an electricity pole in Sitamarhi area, police said on Monday.
Two groups of Dalits led by Jai Prakash Chaudhary and Subhash clashed with each other and indulged in brick batting over erecting of the pole in Tulsi Patti village yesterday, Superintendent of Police A K Shukla said.
He said that some persons belonging to one group also pelted stones on the house of one Rajendra Prasad Shukla, who was supporting Jai Prakash.
The SP said that Rajendra allegedly opened fire with his licensed weapon in which Subhash (35), Inara (55), Komal (6) and Mithilesh (9) were injured.
The injured have been admitted to the hospital where their condition was stated to be stable, he said, adding Rajendra had been arrested and the weapon seized.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- After its cheapest ride offer, Ola now launches luxury rides
- Narsingh Yadav selection over Sushil Kumar for 2016 Rio Olympics was fair: WFI tells HC
- B-schools not doing enough to bridge skills gap: Survey
- BMW recalls 120,000 cars over Takata air bags
- Nine-time champion Rafael Nadal pulls out of French Open with wrist injury