Four injured in clash in UP
Bhadoi (UP): Four persons, including two children, were injured in a clash between two groups over installation of an electricity pole in Sitamarhi area, police said on Monday.
Two groups of Dalits led by Jai Prakash Chaudhary and Subhash clashed with each other and indulged in brick batting over erecting of the pole in Tulsi Patti village yesterday, Superintendent of Police A K Shukla said.
He said that some persons belonging to one group also pelted stones on the house of one Rajendra Prasad Shukla, who was supporting Jai Prakash.
The SP said that Rajendra allegedly opened fire with his licensed weapon in which Subhash (35), Inara (55), Komal (6) and Mithilesh (9) were injured.
The injured have been admitted to the hospital where their condition was stated to be stable, he said, adding Rajendra had been arrested and the weapon seized.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad