Four injured in clash in UP
Bhadoi (UP): Four persons, including two children, were injured in a clash between two groups over installation of an electricity pole in Sitamarhi area, police said on Monday.
Two groups of Dalits led by Jai Prakash Chaudhary and Subhash clashed with each other and indulged in brick batting over erecting of the pole in Tulsi Patti village yesterday, Superintendent of Police A K Shukla said.
He said that some persons belonging to one group also pelted stones on the house of one Rajendra Prasad Shukla, who was supporting Jai Prakash.
The SP said that Rajendra allegedly opened fire with his licensed weapon in which Subhash (35), Inara (55), Komal (6) and Mithilesh (9) were injured.
The injured have been admitted to the hospital where their condition was stated to be stable, he said, adding Rajendra had been arrested and the weapon seized.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Public figures must face criticism, don't misuse state machinery: SC to J Jayalalithaa
- Xiaomi Redmi 3S, 3S Prime go out of stock within minutes of sale; next sale on August 31
- Premier League: Petr Cech calls on Arsenal to stop making 'silly' losses
- Stan Lee supports Zendaya's casting in Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Get ready to watch Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh in 'Padmavati'! Deets inside