Four injured in clash in UP
Bhadoi (UP): Four persons, including two children, were injured in a clash between two groups over installation of an electricity pole in Sitamarhi area, police said on Monday.
Two groups of Dalits led by Jai Prakash Chaudhary and Subhash clashed with each other and indulged in brick batting over erecting of the pole in Tulsi Patti village yesterday, Superintendent of Police A K Shukla said.
He said that some persons belonging to one group also pelted stones on the house of one Rajendra Prasad Shukla, who was supporting Jai Prakash.
The SP said that Rajendra allegedly opened fire with his licensed weapon in which Subhash (35), Inara (55), Komal (6) and Mithilesh (9) were injured.
The injured have been admitted to the hospital where their condition was stated to be stable, he said, adding Rajendra had been arrested and the weapon seized.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?