Four injured in clash in UP
Bhadoi (UP): Four persons, including two children, were injured in a clash between two groups over installation of an electricity pole in Sitamarhi area, police said on Monday.
Two groups of Dalits led by Jai Prakash Chaudhary and Subhash clashed with each other and indulged in brick batting over erecting of the pole in Tulsi Patti village yesterday, Superintendent of Police A K Shukla said.
He said that some persons belonging to one group also pelted stones on the house of one Rajendra Prasad Shukla, who was supporting Jai Prakash.
The SP said that Rajendra allegedly opened fire with his licensed weapon in which Subhash (35), Inara (55), Komal (6) and Mithilesh (9) were injured.
The injured have been admitted to the hospital where their condition was stated to be stable, he said, adding Rajendra had been arrested and the weapon seized.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP