Four sentenced in dowry harassment case
Muzaffarnagar: A local court here on Thursday
convicted four persons and sentenced them to seven years of
imprisonment in connection with a dowry case.
Additional District Sessions Judge M K Shukla also
imposed a fine of Rs 2,000 each on victim Shammu`s husband
Kayyum, mother-in-law Wakila, sister-in-law Firdos and another
person Shehzad, after holding them guilty of abetting suicide
by harassing the victim for dowry, prosecution sources said.
Shammu committed suicide at Barota village in the
district on October 6, 2003, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off