Four sentenced in dowry harassment case
Muzaffarnagar: A local court here on Thursday
convicted four persons and sentenced them to seven years of
imprisonment in connection with a dowry case.
Additional District Sessions Judge M K Shukla also
imposed a fine of Rs 2,000 each on victim Shammu`s husband
Kayyum, mother-in-law Wakila, sister-in-law Firdos and another
person Shehzad, after holding them guilty of abetting suicide
by harassing the victim for dowry, prosecution sources said.
Shammu committed suicide at Barota village in the
district on October 6, 2003, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Kirti Bharti, the new topper of Bihar Intermediate exams in Arts stream!
- Agra boy seeks PM Modi, CM Akhilesh's help for his blood cancer treatment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Member of J&K Constituent Assembly Peerzada Ghulam Jeelani passes away
- One of the suspects arrested in the Maidservant rape case in Thane
- Haryana RS elections: Experts question delay in raising objection to Election Commission
- WATCH: This is how Iceland celebrated victory over England with their fans. Goosebumps!
- Guess who? Angered by film failure, this actor breaks hotel furniture