Four sentenced in dowry harassment case
Muzaffarnagar: A local court here on Thursday
convicted four persons and sentenced them to seven years of
imprisonment in connection with a dowry case.
Additional District Sessions Judge M K Shukla also
imposed a fine of Rs 2,000 each on victim Shammu`s husband
Kayyum, mother-in-law Wakila, sister-in-law Firdos and another
person Shehzad, after holding them guilty of abetting suicide
by harassing the victim for dowry, prosecution sources said.
Shammu committed suicide at Barota village in the
district on October 6, 2003, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what