Four sentenced in dowry harassment case
Muzaffarnagar: A local court here on Thursday
convicted four persons and sentenced them to seven years of
imprisonment in connection with a dowry case.
Additional District Sessions Judge M K Shukla also
imposed a fine of Rs 2,000 each on victim Shammu`s husband
Kayyum, mother-in-law Wakila, sister-in-law Firdos and another
person Shehzad, after holding them guilty of abetting suicide
by harassing the victim for dowry, prosecution sources said.
Shammu committed suicide at Barota village in the
district on October 6, 2003, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed