Four wagons derail after goods trains collide
Dadri: Four wagons derailed at the Dadri railway yard here after two goods trains collided in the early hours on Sunday apparently due to fog in the area.
The collision occurred when one of the goods train entering the yard hit the other moving train from the rear at around 2.45 am, a North Central rail spokesman said.
Both the drivers are safe and there were no injuries in the mishap, he said, adding that both the trains were moving at a slow speed.
The cause for the mishap is yet to be ascertained, he said.
Rail movement on the Delhi-Kanpur route, which was affected for a little over two hours due to the collision, were restored by 5 am.
Some passenger trains were affected due to the mishap and dense fog in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price