Gang-rape victim attempts self-immolation outside DC office
Kanpur: A 40-year-old alleged victim of gang rape today tried to immolate herself in front of the District Collector`s office here alleging inaction by the police force.
The woman tried to pour kerosene and immolate herself this afternoon but was prevented from doing so by the alert police men posted outside the DC office, Additional District Magistrate (City) Avinash Singh said.
The woman was allegedly gang raped on February 9 this year. A complaint was registered by the police in this connection after the woman approached the court, which directed the police to lodge an FIR, ADM Singh said.
The woman alleged inaction on part of the police and said that the emboldened criminals were even threating to kill her, which drove her to take this extreme step.
The ADM said he has referred the woman to SP (Rural) Anil Mishra who assured her swift action in the case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India