Ghaziabad kid drowns in drain: School booked
Ghaziabad: Amid growing outrage over the death of a four-year-old boy after he fell into an open drain while playing outside his school in Vasundra, the school management has been booked for causing death by negligence.
The Ghaziabad Police, Friday, booked the school under Sec 304A (causing death due to negligence) of the Indian Penal Code. The tragic accident occurred, yesterday, when Sunny (4) was playing outside the premises of the private school when he fell into an open drain in Sector 16.
When he did not reach home from school, his parents started looking for him. The boy`s body was taken out from the drain by rescue workers at 4 pm in the evening.
The incident comes close on the heels of four-year-old girl Mahi falling into a 70-feet-deep borewell near Manesar in Gurgaon. She was pulled out dead on June 24 after 82 hours of rescue operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why