Ghaziabad kid drowns in drain: School booked
Ghaziabad: Amid growing outrage over the death of a four-year-old boy after he fell into an open drain while playing outside his school in Vasundra, the school management has been booked for causing death by negligence.
The Ghaziabad Police, Friday, booked the school under Sec 304A (causing death due to negligence) of the Indian Penal Code. The tragic accident occurred, yesterday, when Sunny (4) was playing outside the premises of the private school when he fell into an open drain in Sector 16.
When he did not reach home from school, his parents started looking for him. The boy`s body was taken out from the drain by rescue workers at 4 pm in the evening.
The incident comes close on the heels of four-year-old girl Mahi falling into a 70-feet-deep borewell near Manesar in Gurgaon. She was pulled out dead on June 24 after 82 hours of rescue operation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India