Girl, rickshaw puller killed in Noida accident
Noida: A private bus rammed into a cycle rickshaw here Friday, killing the rickshaw puller and a 15-year-old girl travelling in it, police said.
Suchitra Mazumdar, a Class 11 student of Kendriya Vidyalaya, and rickshaw puller Ram Sagar died on the spot, a police official said.
Suchitra, and three other students - Aditya, Bharti and Nischay - were on their way to school in Sector 25 Noida around 7 a.m. when a speeding chartered bus crashed into the cycle-rickshaw from behind.
Bharti, 15, Nischay, 15, and Aditya, 5, sustained critical injuries and were admitted to hospital, the police official said.
"Police rushed them to Prakash Hospital. Bharti and Aditya were admitted for treatment. Nischay was referred to the Kailash Hospital where doctors said his condition was critical," the official added.
"The driver has been arrested. The bodies have been sent for autopsy," Superintendent of Police City Noida H.N. Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog