Girl, rickshaw puller killed in Noida accident
Noida: A private bus rammed into a cycle rickshaw here Friday, killing the rickshaw puller and a 15-year-old girl travelling in it, police said.
Suchitra Mazumdar, a Class 11 student of Kendriya Vidyalaya, and rickshaw puller Ram Sagar died on the spot, a police official said.
Suchitra, and three other students - Aditya, Bharti and Nischay - were on their way to school in Sector 25 Noida around 7 a.m. when a speeding chartered bus crashed into the cycle-rickshaw from behind.
Bharti, 15, Nischay, 15, and Aditya, 5, sustained critical injuries and were admitted to hospital, the police official said.
"Police rushed them to Prakash Hospital. Bharti and Aditya were admitted for treatment. Nischay was referred to the Kailash Hospital where doctors said his condition was critical," the official added.
"The driver has been arrested. The bodies have been sent for autopsy," Superintendent of Police City Noida H.N. Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says