Girl set on fire for resisting rape in Uttar Pradesh
Bulandshahr: A 15-year-old girl suffered serious burn injuries after a youth allegedly set her on fire for resisting a rape attempt by him in the Chaurdehara village here.
The incident took place when the girl was alone at her residence last afternoon and Bhagirath (25), a resident of the same village, barged into the house and tried to rape her, SSP Gulab Singh said.
As the girl resisted the rape attempt, Bhagirath poured kerosene on the minor and set her ablaze, Singh said.
Though Bhagirath managed to escape he was later arrested by the police team, he said.
The girl was admitted to a hospital in Aligarh, where her condition was stated as critical, Singh said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics