Girl set on fire for resisting rape in Uttar Pradesh
Bulandshahr: A 15-year-old girl suffered serious burn injuries after a youth allegedly set her on fire for resisting a rape attempt by him in the Chaurdehara village here.
The incident took place when the girl was alone at her residence last afternoon and Bhagirath (25), a resident of the same village, barged into the house and tried to rape her, SSP Gulab Singh said.
As the girl resisted the rape attempt, Bhagirath poured kerosene on the minor and set her ablaze, Singh said.
Though Bhagirath managed to escape he was later arrested by the police team, he said.
The girl was admitted to a hospital in Aligarh, where her condition was stated as critical, Singh said.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Bangladesh pacer Shahadat Hossain apologizes for torturing 11-year-old girl, asks for end to ban
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover's special YOGA session before wedding!
- Vijay Mallya says keen on paying up dues, but Rs 9000 default figure artificially inflated
- Tiananmen activist Lu Jinghua alleges 'India-China economic business deal' behind visa cancellation
- VIDEO: Prepare to laugh - 23 Hilarious Inzamam-ul-Haq run outs!