Girl set on fire for resisting rape in Uttar Pradesh
Bulandshahr: A 15-year-old girl suffered serious burn injuries after a youth allegedly set her on fire for resisting a rape attempt by him in the Chaurdehara village here.
The incident took place when the girl was alone at her residence last afternoon and Bhagirath (25), a resident of the same village, barged into the house and tried to rape her, SSP Gulab Singh said.
As the girl resisted the rape attempt, Bhagirath poured kerosene on the minor and set her ablaze, Singh said.
Though Bhagirath managed to escape he was later arrested by the police team, he said.
The girl was admitted to a hospital in Aligarh, where her condition was stated as critical, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack