Gold hunt: ASI identifies two more sites for digging at Unnao fort
Zee Media Bureau
Unnao: The hunt for the 1,000 tonnes of hidden gold continued by for the third day on Sunday with the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) identifying more sites at the 19th century fort for excavation.
Two more sites have been identified by the ASI and digging will soon start at these places to hunt for the hidden treasure.
Even as the digging work at the 19th century fort is ongoing, the seer has made claim of dreaming of another 2,500 tonnes of hidden gold in Adampur village in Fatehpur district. He even went to the extent of writing to the DM about it.
The ASI has been digging at the site from the past two days after a seer, Shobhan Sarkar, had a dream in which a king told him about the hidden gold buried under the ruins at the fort of former King Raja Rao Ram Bux Singh in Unnao`s Daudiakala village.
The king along with Rani Laxmi Bai of Jhansi fought the British during the 1857 Mutiny and was overthrown in the process. He went into hiding only to be captured in Varanasi after which he was sent to the gallows.
However, the ASI has denied finding any hidden gold in the area so far.
The government denied that the excavation work is taking place on the basis on seer`s dream. The ASI said that the work started on the basis of a report by Geological Survey of India (GSI) and not merely a seer`s dream.
not gold, but we will find something: Charandas Mahant
As the digging continued for the third day today, union Minister Chara Das Mahant said if not gold, something will definitely be found after the digging at the 19th century fort.
However, NCP President and Union Agricultural minister Sharad Pawar said that such hunt gives rise to superstitions.
Pawar further said that government agencies like Archaeological (ASI) should not participate in such work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list