Greater Noida: Farmers booked for disrupting train services
Greater Noida: Around 200 farmers were
on Sunday booked for obstructing rail traffic during a protest in
Gautam Budh Nagar district, the police said.
The FIR was lodged at Kakode police station against
the farmers who protested on rail tracks near Haronda, around
70 kms from Greater Noida.
The farmers led by Manvir Tevatia have been agitating
over land compensation since last fortnight at Bhatta Parsol
area. Tevatia has also been named in the FIR.
No arrest has been made as of now, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India