Greater Noida: Farmers booked for disrupting train services
Greater Noida: Around 200 farmers were
on Sunday booked for obstructing rail traffic during a protest in
Gautam Budh Nagar district, the police said.
The FIR was lodged at Kakode police station against
the farmers who protested on rail tracks near Haronda, around
70 kms from Greater Noida.
The farmers led by Manvir Tevatia have been agitating
over land compensation since last fortnight at Bhatta Parsol
area. Tevatia has also been named in the FIR.
No arrest has been made as of now, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital