HC disposes of Union ministers` petition
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Monday disposed of a petition filed by Union ministers Jitin Prasada and R P N Singh and two other Congress leaders challenging an FIR accusing them of assaulting a Samajwadi Party activist at a rally of party leader Rahul Gandhi more than a year ago.
A Division Bench comprising Justice Ravindra Singh and Justice Anil Kumar Agrawal passed the order observing "nothing remains in the matter" following submission of a final report by police.
The report suggested no case was made out against the Union Ministers and party MLA Pramod Tiwari and MLC Naseeb Pathan who were named in the FIR, lodged at Jhusi Police Station in trans-Ganga region in Allahabad on November 15, 2011.
In the FIR, complainant Abhishek Yadav had alleged he was thrashed by the Congress leaders while he was waving black flags to protest the visit of Gandhi who was then the Congress general secretary.
The rally, held on November 14 coinciding with the birth anniversary of Jawaharlal Nehru, had marked the commencement of the official campaign of the Congress for the 2012 assembly election in Uttar Pradesh.
A student of law at the Allahabad University, Yadav was allegedly beaten up by the SPG personnel after he was noticed running with a black flag towards Gandhi.
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments
- 162 children die in four months in Pakistan's Tharparkar district
- Major blow to Nawaz govt as US asks Pakistan to make ‘full payment’ for F-16 fighter jets