HC frames contempt charges against UP Home Secretary
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court on Tuesday framed contempt charges against Uttar Pradesh Principal Secretary (Home) R M Srivastava for not complying with its order to consider providing `Z` category security to a former minister.
The Lucknow bench of the high court was hearing a petition filed by former BSP minister Ramveer Upadhyay.
Justice Satish Chandra also ordered one hour custody for the senior bureaucrat but withdrew it on his apology, asking him to file the reply by tomorrow, petitioner`s counsel Manoj Kumar Dwivedi said.
In his petition, Upadhyay had alleged that the government did not comply with a division bench order in March last year to consider `Z` category security for him, amounting to contempt of court.
Srivastava had appeared before the court today after being summoned in connection with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read