HC frames contempt charges against UP Home Secretary
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court on Tuesday framed contempt charges against Uttar Pradesh Principal Secretary (Home) R M Srivastava for not complying with its order to consider providing `Z` category security to a former minister.
The Lucknow bench of the high court was hearing a petition filed by former BSP minister Ramveer Upadhyay.
Justice Satish Chandra also ordered one hour custody for the senior bureaucrat but withdrew it on his apology, asking him to file the reply by tomorrow, petitioner`s counsel Manoj Kumar Dwivedi said.
In his petition, Upadhyay had alleged that the government did not comply with a division bench order in March last year to consider `Z` category security for him, amounting to contempt of court.
Srivastava had appeared before the court today after being summoned in connection with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today