HC frames contempt charges against UP Home Secretary
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court on Tuesday framed contempt charges against Uttar Pradesh Principal Secretary (Home) R M Srivastava for not complying with its order to consider providing `Z` category security to a former minister.
The Lucknow bench of the high court was hearing a petition filed by former BSP minister Ramveer Upadhyay.
Justice Satish Chandra also ordered one hour custody for the senior bureaucrat but withdrew it on his apology, asking him to file the reply by tomorrow, petitioner`s counsel Manoj Kumar Dwivedi said.
In his petition, Upadhyay had alleged that the government did not comply with a division bench order in March last year to consider `Z` category security for him, amounting to contempt of court.
Srivastava had appeared before the court today after being summoned in connection with the case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why