Headmaster held for molesting girls
Lucknow: The headmaster of a government school in Uttar Pradesh`s Allahabad district was arrested on Monday on charges of forcing girl students to remove their uniforms on the pretext of a medical examination, police said.
Chintamani Mishra, the headmaster of Bhichkuri Primary School, has been accused of molesting girl students of class four and five.
"Four girl students complained of uneasiness and stomach ache after having their mid-day meal in school on Friday. Chintamani Mishra asked them to stay back for a medical examination. Later, he forced them to remove their clothes and parade before him," police Inspector Prakash Narayan told reporters in Allahabad, some 200 km from Lucknow.
"We came to know about the incident on Sunday only after the parents of two such students approached the police, and also reported the matter to the education department officials," he added.
Mishra has been placed under suspension.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur