Headmaster held for molesting girls
Lucknow: The headmaster of a government school in Uttar Pradesh`s Allahabad district was arrested on Monday on charges of forcing girl students to remove their uniforms on the pretext of a medical examination, police said.
Chintamani Mishra, the headmaster of Bhichkuri Primary School, has been accused of molesting girl students of class four and five.
"Four girl students complained of uneasiness and stomach ache after having their mid-day meal in school on Friday. Chintamani Mishra asked them to stay back for a medical examination. Later, he forced them to remove their clothes and parade before him," police Inspector Prakash Narayan told reporters in Allahabad, some 200 km from Lucknow.
"We came to know about the incident on Sunday only after the parents of two such students approached the police, and also reported the matter to the education department officials," he added.
Mishra has been placed under suspension.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you