Honour killing: couple beaten to death in UP village
Lucknow: In yet another case of honour
killing, a couple was on Monday beaten to death Jahanaganj in
Farukkhabad district of Uttar Pradesh, a senior officer
Renu (20) and Raju (22), both residents of Nagla Furu
village in Farukkhabad district, were beaten to death this
afternoon after the couple returned, Special Director General
of Police Brij Lal told reporters here.
He said Renu was having an affair with neighbour Raju and
the duo had eloped from Mainpuri a few days ago. Renu used to
live with her relatives in Mainpuri and she eloped with her
neighbour Raju, he said.
Lal said the couple was killed when Raju today returned
to drop Renu at her parents house in Nagla Furu village.
Three persons have been detained by police and
Superintendent of Police Fatehgarh O P Sagar has reached the
spot, Brij Lal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?