Honour killing: couple beaten to death in UP village
Lucknow: In yet another case of honour
killing, a couple was on Monday beaten to death Jahanaganj in
Farukkhabad district of Uttar Pradesh, a senior officer
Renu (20) and Raju (22), both residents of Nagla Furu
village in Farukkhabad district, were beaten to death this
afternoon after the couple returned, Special Director General
of Police Brij Lal told reporters here.
He said Renu was having an affair with neighbour Raju and
the duo had eloped from Mainpuri a few days ago. Renu used to
live with her relatives in Mainpuri and she eloped with her
neighbour Raju, he said.
Lal said the couple was killed when Raju today returned
to drop Renu at her parents house in Nagla Furu village.
Three persons have been detained by police and
Superintendent of Police Fatehgarh O P Sagar has reached the
spot, Brij Lal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert