Honour killing: couple beaten to death in UP village
Lucknow: In yet another case of honour
killing, a couple was on Monday beaten to death Jahanaganj in
Farukkhabad district of Uttar Pradesh, a senior officer
Renu (20) and Raju (22), both residents of Nagla Furu
village in Farukkhabad district, were beaten to death this
afternoon after the couple returned, Special Director General
of Police Brij Lal told reporters here.
He said Renu was having an affair with neighbour Raju and
the duo had eloped from Mainpuri a few days ago. Renu used to
live with her relatives in Mainpuri and she eloped with her
neighbour Raju, he said.
Lal said the couple was killed when Raju today returned
to drop Renu at her parents house in Nagla Furu village.
Three persons have been detained by police and
Superintendent of Police Fatehgarh O P Sagar has reached the
spot, Brij Lal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- University of Mumbai T.Y.B.Com Semester Six (75:25) Result 2016 declared on mu.ac.in
- Poland National Championships 2016: Quarter-miler Mohd. Anas sets new national record
- NHRC notice to Karnataka over ragging of Dalit student
- Saudi cop shot dead in Shiite district: Ministry
- Twitter activates Foursquare-powered location feed for iOS users