IIT girl lodges FIR against Delhi boy
Kanpur: A girl studying in IIT here has
lodged an FIR against an IIT Delhi student for allegedly
blackmailing her to marry him.
If she did not marry her, the boy threatened to post her
photographs on the Internet, the girl alleged in the FIR filed
in Kalyanpur Police Station, Circle Officer Shailendra Lal
The girl`s mobile and purse got lost in September
following which she got a call from Delhi IIT student Bhukhiya
that the missing phone was with him, he said.
He visited Kanpur to return the phone and asked the girl
to marry him otherwise he would post her photographs available
in the mobile phone on the Internet, the Circle Officer said.
An investigation had been launched into the matter, he
The IIT administration said girl did not inform them
about all this and approached the police on her own and they
were looking into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery