IIT-K students accuse authorities of harassment
Kanpur: Over three dozen students of IIT
Kanpur, who have not been promoted to next semester, today
alleged that they were being harassed by the institute
authorities, and complained to the HRD ministry in this
The 38 students, who were not given admission in the next
semester for various reasons, accused the IIT authorities of
harassing them as most of them were Dalits.
In a letter to the ministry, the students demanded that
they should be given admission in the next semester.
However, IIT authorities maintained that it was a routine
matter and every year some students do not get promoted due to
various reasons, but none of the students are expelled from
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?