IMA demands CBI probe into UP CMO murder case
Lucknow: Raising its demand for the CBI probe into the murder of Chief Medical Officer(CMO) BP Singh, the state unit of Indian Medical Association (IMA) Thursday said that the "slow pace" in which inquiry into the case was going on, they doubt it could give justice.
"We demand CBI probe into the CMO BP Singh murder
case as the slow pace in which the inquiry was going on
presently could hardly give justice to the family of the slain
doctor," State IMA president MB Saxena told reporters here.
"We strongly criticise the inefficient handling of
the case," he said, adding that security of government
employees should be given prime attention and priority.
In view of resignation of two ministers after taking
moral responsibility of financial irregularities in their
departments, Saxena said that it was insufficient to inculcate
sense of security among doctors.
"We want to know the root cause of murder and only CBI
could unearth it," he said.
Political parties--BJP, Congress and SP have already
demanded a CBI probe into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed