IMA demands CBI probe into UP CMO murder case
Lucknow: Raising its demand for the CBI probe into the murder of Chief Medical Officer(CMO) BP Singh, the state unit of Indian Medical Association (IMA) Thursday said that the "slow pace" in which inquiry into the case was going on, they doubt it could give justice.
"We demand CBI probe into the CMO BP Singh murder
case as the slow pace in which the inquiry was going on
presently could hardly give justice to the family of the slain
doctor," State IMA president MB Saxena told reporters here.
"We strongly criticise the inefficient handling of
the case," he said, adding that security of government
employees should be given prime attention and priority.
In view of resignation of two ministers after taking
moral responsibility of financial irregularities in their
departments, Saxena said that it was insufficient to inculcate
sense of security among doctors.
"We want to know the root cause of murder and only CBI
could unearth it," he said.
Political parties--BJP, Congress and SP have already
demanded a CBI probe into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey