Jagbir Singh murder: Court imposed cost of Rs 300 on Tikait
Muzaffarnagar: A local court on Wednesday imposed a cost of Rs 300 on accused and BKU Chief Naresh Tikait for seeking adjournment despite the non-completion of cross-examination in the murder of Rashtriya Kisan Morcha president Choudhry Jagbir Singh in 2003.
Additional District Sessions Judge Rajbir Singh ordered the cost of Rs 300 when Tikait`s council sought adjournment in the case.
The Judge allowed the adjournment on condition that the cross-examination of the witness would be closed on the next hearing even if Tikait fails to turn up for it.
Incidentally, the cross-examination with complainant, Jagbir Singh`s son Yograj, from the defence has been pending since seven years.
Jagbir Singh was shot dead in Ahlawalpur in 2003 and Yograj had lodged an FIR against three including Tikait.
Two accused died during pendency of the case while Tikait is facing trial in court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH