Jagbir Singh murder: Court imposed cost of Rs 300 on Tikait
Muzaffarnagar: A local court on Wednesday imposed a cost of Rs 300 on accused and BKU Chief Naresh Tikait for seeking adjournment despite the non-completion of cross-examination in the murder of Rashtriya Kisan Morcha president Choudhry Jagbir Singh in 2003.
Additional District Sessions Judge Rajbir Singh ordered the cost of Rs 300 when Tikait`s council sought adjournment in the case.
The Judge allowed the adjournment on condition that the cross-examination of the witness would be closed on the next hearing even if Tikait fails to turn up for it.
Incidentally, the cross-examination with complainant, Jagbir Singh`s son Yograj, from the defence has been pending since seven years.
Jagbir Singh was shot dead in Ahlawalpur in 2003 and Yograj had lodged an FIR against three including Tikait.
Two accused died during pendency of the case while Tikait is facing trial in court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic