Jyoti murder case: Kanpur cop transferred for kissing accused
Zee Media Bureau
Kanpur: Kanpur Inspector General (IG) Ashutosh Pandey on Friday transferred Circle Officer (CO) RK Naik for hugging and kissing Piyush Shyam Dasani, the main accused in Jyoti murder case.
The senior police official probing the murder of the daughter-in-law of a leading businessman of Uttar Pradesh was taken off the investigation after he hugged the main accused and the victim`s husband inside a police station in Kanpur.
Piyush was on Friday taken into remand by the police for questioning.
In the presence of media in Swaroop Nagar police station, circle officer RK Naik asked Dasani whether he would mend his ways. To this, Dasani replied in the affirmative. Following this, Naik hugged the murder accused and planted a kiss on his forehead while calling him a "good boy".
Piyush was arrested on July 30 for being involved in his wife`s murder along with his girlfriend`s driver Avdhesh who was also arrested on the same day.
The police had recovered Jyoti`s body on Monday, who was murdered on Sunday night when she had gone for dinner with her husband.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights