Jyoti murder case: Kanpur cop transferred for kissing accused
Zee Media Bureau
Kanpur: Kanpur Inspector General (IG) Ashutosh Pandey on Friday transferred Circle Officer (CO) RK Naik for hugging and kissing Piyush Shyam Dasani, the main accused in Jyoti murder case.
The senior police official probing the murder of the daughter-in-law of a leading businessman of Uttar Pradesh was taken off the investigation after he hugged the main accused and the victim`s husband inside a police station in Kanpur.
Piyush was on Friday taken into remand by the police for questioning.
In the presence of media in Swaroop Nagar police station, circle officer RK Naik asked Dasani whether he would mend his ways. To this, Dasani replied in the affirmative. Following this, Naik hugged the murder accused and planted a kiss on his forehead while calling him a "good boy".
Piyush was arrested on July 30 for being involved in his wife`s murder along with his girlfriend`s driver Avdhesh who was also arrested on the same day.
The police had recovered Jyoti`s body on Monday, who was murdered on Sunday night when she had gone for dinner with her husband.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends