Jyoti murder case: Kanpur cop transferred for kissing accused
Zee Media Bureau
Kanpur: Kanpur Inspector General (IG) Ashutosh Pandey on Friday transferred Circle Officer (CO) RK Naik for hugging and kissing Piyush Shyam Dasani, the main accused in Jyoti murder case.
The senior police official probing the murder of the daughter-in-law of a leading businessman of Uttar Pradesh was taken off the investigation after he hugged the main accused and the victim`s husband inside a police station in Kanpur.
Piyush was on Friday taken into remand by the police for questioning.
In the presence of media in Swaroop Nagar police station, circle officer RK Naik asked Dasani whether he would mend his ways. To this, Dasani replied in the affirmative. Following this, Naik hugged the murder accused and planted a kiss on his forehead while calling him a "good boy".
Piyush was arrested on July 30 for being involved in his wife`s murder along with his girlfriend`s driver Avdhesh who was also arrested on the same day.
The police had recovered Jyoti`s body on Monday, who was murdered on Sunday night when she had gone for dinner with her husband.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders