Jyoti murder case: Kanpur cop transferred for kissing accused
Zee Media Bureau
Kanpur: Kanpur Inspector General (IG) Ashutosh Pandey on Friday transferred Circle Officer (CO) RK Naik for hugging and kissing Piyush Shyam Dasani, the main accused in Jyoti murder case.
The senior police official probing the murder of the daughter-in-law of a leading businessman of Uttar Pradesh was taken off the investigation after he hugged the main accused and the victim`s husband inside a police station in Kanpur.
Piyush was on Friday taken into remand by the police for questioning.
In the presence of media in Swaroop Nagar police station, circle officer RK Naik asked Dasani whether he would mend his ways. To this, Dasani replied in the affirmative. Following this, Naik hugged the murder accused and planted a kiss on his forehead while calling him a "good boy".
Piyush was arrested on July 30 for being involved in his wife`s murder along with his girlfriend`s driver Avdhesh who was also arrested on the same day.
The police had recovered Jyoti`s body on Monday, who was murdered on Sunday night when she had gone for dinner with her husband.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!