Kanpur: CPI(M) torch-march against private players in hospitals mgt
Kanpur: The CPI(M) will organize a torch
march on June 9 to protest against the UP government proposal
to manage state-run hospitals under Public-Private
Partnerships, the party said Friday.
"Currently, the patient just needs to pay Re 1 per check
up in state run hospitals of rural areas. But once these
hospitals are sold to private owners, the registration and
treatment rates may be much higher," Former MP and CPI(M)
leader Subhashini Ali said.
KPM Sangharsh Samiti has been formed to protest against
the privatization of KPM hospital here.
The Samiti is conducting meetings at various places and
also organizing a "rath-yatra" to spread awareness against
this move," Ali said.
"A similar campaign is being run in three districts whose
hospitals, Community Health centres, Primary Health Centres
and the Sub-Health Centres are being sold to the capitalists,"
In a symbolic protest against the state government
proposal, campaigners are "seeking alms" in front of hospitals
to give the collected money to the government for not carrying
out this plan, she said, adding, government is planning to
handover hospital management in Kanpur, Allahabad, Firozabad
and Basti to private hospitals Apollo and Fortis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents