Kaushambi court awards death to rape-murder accused
Lucknow: A local court in Kaushambi district
has awarded capital punishment to an accused in a rape and
The District and Session Court, Kaushambi district
sentenced Bhairon in a two-year-old rape and murder case
yesterday. He was awarded death on the charge of murder and
slapped a fine of Rs 10,000.
The judge also sentenced him to life imprisonment and
Rs 10,000 penalty on the charge of rape.
According to the prosecution, Bhairon raped and killed a
woman in Kama village in Mohabbatpur Pahansa village in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- Parliament passes bill to allow kids below 14 to be engaged in 'home-based work'
- NASA discovers alien solar system with tighlty packed planets in unsusual orbits
- PMO directs Niti Aayog to work on restructuring of UGC, AICTE
- Roger Federer pulls out of Rio Olympics following ongoing knee trouble
- Super 30 founder wants 'level playing field' for marginalised students at IIT entrance