Khap Panchayat holds protest to trace missing girl
Muzaffarnagar: Angry after a village youth eloped with a girl from different community, a Khap Panchayat held a protest outside a police station, demanding that the girl be immediately traced.
The Panchayat of Gathwala Khap yesterday held a protest outside the police station at Fugana and asked the police to trace the girl within four days or the Panchayat would take further action
Nadeem, a resident of Lisarh village in the district, had eloped with a girl Monika from Jat community on June 5 as the girl`s family was opposed to their marriage.
Monika`s family registered an FIR against the youth and his family members and also approached the Panchayat.
A police team has been sent to different places to trace the couple, SP city Rajkamal Yadav said.
Security has been tightened and extra police force has been deployed in the village to avoid any untoward incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Romantic Italian vacation! Love is in the air for Ruslaan Mumtaz and Nirali – See pics
- Bombay High Court quashes FIR against Sussanne Khan
- US asks Pakistan not to discriminate among terrorists
- CMs to make presentation on their ambitious schemes in BJP meet today
- Chilli-based PAVA shells may replace pellet guns in Jammu and Kashmir