Khap Panchayat holds protest to trace missing girl
Muzaffarnagar: Angry after a village youth eloped with a girl from different community, a Khap Panchayat held a protest outside a police station, demanding that the girl be immediately traced.
The Panchayat of Gathwala Khap yesterday held a protest outside the police station at Fugana and asked the police to trace the girl within four days or the Panchayat would take further action
Nadeem, a resident of Lisarh village in the district, had eloped with a girl Monika from Jat community on June 5 as the girl`s family was opposed to their marriage.
Monika`s family registered an FIR against the youth and his family members and also approached the Panchayat.
A police team has been sent to different places to trace the couple, SP city Rajkamal Yadav said.
Security has been tightened and extra police force has been deployed in the village to avoid any untoward incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...