Khap Panchayat holds protest to trace missing girl
Muzaffarnagar: Angry after a village youth eloped with a girl from different community, a Khap Panchayat held a protest outside a police station, demanding that the girl be immediately traced.
The Panchayat of Gathwala Khap yesterday held a protest outside the police station at Fugana and asked the police to trace the girl within four days or the Panchayat would take further action
Nadeem, a resident of Lisarh village in the district, had eloped with a girl Monika from Jat community on June 5 as the girl`s family was opposed to their marriage.
Monika`s family registered an FIR against the youth and his family members and also approached the Panchayat.
A police team has been sent to different places to trace the couple, SP city Rajkamal Yadav said.
Security has been tightened and extra police force has been deployed in the village to avoid any untoward incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Shoulder injury forces Serena Williams out of Montreal
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: Hosts lead by 489 at 3rd day close
- Kashmir violence: Avoid using pellet guns against protesters as far as possible, Rajnath Singh tells security forces
- Pakistan spinner Mohammad Hafeez to undergo retest on modified bowling action
- Elderly woman found murdered in Delhi