Khap Panchayat holds protest to trace missing girl
Muzaffarnagar: Angry after a village youth eloped with a girl from different community, a Khap Panchayat held a protest outside a police station, demanding that the girl be immediately traced.
The Panchayat of Gathwala Khap yesterday held a protest outside the police station at Fugana and asked the police to trace the girl within four days or the Panchayat would take further action
Nadeem, a resident of Lisarh village in the district, had eloped with a girl Monika from Jat community on June 5 as the girl`s family was opposed to their marriage.
Monika`s family registered an FIR against the youth and his family members and also approached the Panchayat.
A police team has been sent to different places to trace the couple, SP city Rajkamal Yadav said.
Security has been tightened and extra police force has been deployed in the village to avoid any untoward incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital