Khap Panchayat holds protest to trace missing girl
Muzaffarnagar: Angry after a village youth eloped with a girl from different community, a Khap Panchayat held a protest outside a police station, demanding that the girl be immediately traced.
The Panchayat of Gathwala Khap yesterday held a protest outside the police station at Fugana and asked the police to trace the girl within four days or the Panchayat would take further action
Nadeem, a resident of Lisarh village in the district, had eloped with a girl Monika from Jat community on June 5 as the girl`s family was opposed to their marriage.
Monika`s family registered an FIR against the youth and his family members and also approached the Panchayat.
A police team has been sent to different places to trace the couple, SP city Rajkamal Yadav said.
Security has been tightened and extra police force has been deployed in the village to avoid any untoward incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan