Kunda killings: ‘Raja Bhaiya is threatening us’
Lucknow: Controversial Uttar Pradesh politician Raguraj Pratap Singh who is under CBI scrutiny for his role in the alleged killing of a senior UP police officer in Pratapgarh, has now been accused of threatening the family of murdered village pradhan Nanhe Yadav.
Reports, Tuesday, claimed that the state’s former minister has warned the family of the Pratapgarh village headman who was killed last month in Kunda alosng with his brother and Deputy SP Zia ul Haque to keep silent and to stop pursuing the case.
The Yadav family claims that the warning from Raguraj Pratap Singh alias ‘Raja Bhaiya’ came after one of his close aides, Guddu Singh, was arrested by the police in connection with case.
Guddu Singh is one of the key accused named by the Pradhan`s family members in their FIR lodged with the Pratapgarh police.
"Raja Bhaiya called us and said if we told the CBI anything about him or his family, we will be killed. He also threatened our father and the women in our family saying that if they opened their mouths, the others won`t be spared too. We want security. If we are killed, Raja Bhaiya will be responsible," Nanhe Yadav`s brother Pawan was quoted as saying.
Pawan also claims that Raja Bhaiya’s men thrashed his father in 2003 on being given the contract to construct a bird sanctuary in Beti lake. The lake is close to Raja Bhaiya`s palatial home in Kunda.
The family has now approached the Allahabad High Court for protection and has informed the CBI.
The CBI is probing the two murders.
Raja Bhaiya had to resign from the Akhilesh Yadav cabinet following the outrage over Zia-ul-Haq`s murder. The police officer`s wife, Parveen Azad, holds the politician responsible for her husband`s death.
Zia-ul-Haq was killed after he reached Pratapgarh in Kunda, where the village headman had been shot. A mob reportedly cornered him and the policemen who were with him allegedly abandoned him. Zia-ul-Haq was shot during the clashes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets