Kunda triple murder: Staff of four police stations removed
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Wednesday transferred the entire staff of the four police stations of Kunda sub division after a request was made by the CBI, which apprehended that "some police officials were close to influential people and could affect the probe".
The CBI, probing the murder of DSP Zia-ul-Haque, Balipur village head Nanhe Yadav and his brother Suresh Yadav in Kunda, had shot off a letter to UP government requesting for removal of the officials of the four police stations.
"All the employees of the four police stations, including station house officers, of Hathigava, Kunda, Nawabganj and Maheshganj have been removed by IG, Allahabad," Home Secretary R N Upadhaya told reporters here.
On the CBI request for the transfer of the ASP, Asaram Yadav, the official said that orders were awaited and would be issued soon.
Upadhaya said that the letter dated March 25 written by Joint Director (SEZ CBI headquarter New Delhi) RS Bhati states that "as per the inputs the police officers of Kunda sub division were close to influential people and could affect the progress of investigations".
We honour the request of the CBI and want to extend all possible help in the investigations, the Home Secretary said.
On March 2, Nanhe, Suresh and DSP Zia-ul-Haque were killed in Balipur village.
Haque`s widow Parveen Azad had accused the then UP minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh of being the key conspirator in the murder of her husband, following which he had resigned from the ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof