Kunda triple murder: Staff of four police stations removed
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Wednesday transferred the entire staff of the four police stations of Kunda sub division after a request was made by the CBI, which apprehended that "some police officials were close to influential people and could affect the probe".
The CBI, probing the murder of DSP Zia-ul-Haque, Balipur village head Nanhe Yadav and his brother Suresh Yadav in Kunda, had shot off a letter to UP government requesting for removal of the officials of the four police stations.
"All the employees of the four police stations, including station house officers, of Hathigava, Kunda, Nawabganj and Maheshganj have been removed by IG, Allahabad," Home Secretary R N Upadhaya told reporters here.
On the CBI request for the transfer of the ASP, Asaram Yadav, the official said that orders were awaited and would be issued soon.
Upadhaya said that the letter dated March 25 written by Joint Director (SEZ CBI headquarter New Delhi) RS Bhati states that "as per the inputs the police officers of Kunda sub division were close to influential people and could affect the progress of investigations".
We honour the request of the CBI and want to extend all possible help in the investigations, the Home Secretary said.
On March 2, Nanhe, Suresh and DSP Zia-ul-Haque were killed in Balipur village.
Haque`s widow Parveen Azad had accused the then UP minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh of being the key conspirator in the murder of her husband, following which he had resigned from the ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Understanding Olympics qualification: How MC Mary Kom can still go to Rio 2016, with some luck
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by 22 runs, march into playoffs
- Three men held for attacking BJP MP Tarun Vijay
- Internet services suspended in Kupwara in wake of encounter
- Submarine deployed to find crashed jet's black boxes: Egypt PM