Kunda triple murder: Staff of four police stations removed
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Wednesday transferred the entire staff of the four police stations of Kunda sub division after a request was made by the CBI, which apprehended that "some police officials were close to influential people and could affect the probe".
The CBI, probing the murder of DSP Zia-ul-Haque, Balipur village head Nanhe Yadav and his brother Suresh Yadav in Kunda, had shot off a letter to UP government requesting for removal of the officials of the four police stations.
"All the employees of the four police stations, including station house officers, of Hathigava, Kunda, Nawabganj and Maheshganj have been removed by IG, Allahabad," Home Secretary R N Upadhaya told reporters here.
On the CBI request for the transfer of the ASP, Asaram Yadav, the official said that orders were awaited and would be issued soon.
Upadhaya said that the letter dated March 25 written by Joint Director (SEZ CBI headquarter New Delhi) RS Bhati states that "as per the inputs the police officers of Kunda sub division were close to influential people and could affect the progress of investigations".
We honour the request of the CBI and want to extend all possible help in the investigations, the Home Secretary said.
On March 2, Nanhe, Suresh and DSP Zia-ul-Haque were killed in Balipur village.
Haque`s widow Parveen Azad had accused the then UP minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh of being the key conspirator in the murder of her husband, following which he had resigned from the ministry.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case