Kunda triple murder: Staff of four police stations removed
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Wednesday transferred the entire staff of the four police stations of Kunda sub division after a request was made by the CBI, which apprehended that "some police officials were close to influential people and could affect the probe".
The CBI, probing the murder of DSP Zia-ul-Haque, Balipur village head Nanhe Yadav and his brother Suresh Yadav in Kunda, had shot off a letter to UP government requesting for removal of the officials of the four police stations.
"All the employees of the four police stations, including station house officers, of Hathigava, Kunda, Nawabganj and Maheshganj have been removed by IG, Allahabad," Home Secretary R N Upadhaya told reporters here.
On the CBI request for the transfer of the ASP, Asaram Yadav, the official said that orders were awaited and would be issued soon.
Upadhaya said that the letter dated March 25 written by Joint Director (SEZ CBI headquarter New Delhi) RS Bhati states that "as per the inputs the police officers of Kunda sub division were close to influential people and could affect the progress of investigations".
We honour the request of the CBI and want to extend all possible help in the investigations, the Home Secretary said.
On March 2, Nanhe, Suresh and DSP Zia-ul-Haque were killed in Balipur village.
Haque`s widow Parveen Azad had accused the then UP minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh of being the key conspirator in the murder of her husband, following which he had resigned from the ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!