Lightning kills five in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Five people, including two children, were killed after being hit by lightning in Uttar Pradesh late Wednesday, police said.
The lightning struck at three different places while rains lashed parts of the state.
Police officials said the first incident took place in Mechkurahi village in Faizabad district where lightning struck Maqbool Ahmad (50) and Ram Bali (25) while they were sitting in the courtyard of a house. Both were killed instantly.
The second incident took place at Mahayein village in Ambedkar Nagar district when a farmer, identified as Rajendra, was working in his field and lightning struck him and two other labourers. While Rajendra died on the spot, the other two were rushed to hospital with injuries.
The third incident took place at Rasoolpur village in Sultanpur district when lightning hit an orchard and killed two children - Abdullah (9) and Aslam (10).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?