Lightning kills five in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Five people, including two children, were killed after being hit by lightning in Uttar Pradesh late Wednesday, police said.
The lightning struck at three different places while rains lashed parts of the state.
Police officials said the first incident took place in Mechkurahi village in Faizabad district where lightning struck Maqbool Ahmad (50) and Ram Bali (25) while they were sitting in the courtyard of a house. Both were killed instantly.
The second incident took place at Mahayein village in Ambedkar Nagar district when a farmer, identified as Rajendra, was working in his field and lightning struck him and two other labourers. While Rajendra died on the spot, the other two were rushed to hospital with injuries.
The third incident took place at Rasoolpur village in Sultanpur district when lightning hit an orchard and killed two children - Abdullah (9) and Aslam (10).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre