Lightning kills five in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Five people, including two children, were killed after being hit by lightning in Uttar Pradesh late Wednesday, police said.
The lightning struck at three different places while rains lashed parts of the state.
Police officials said the first incident took place in Mechkurahi village in Faizabad district where lightning struck Maqbool Ahmad (50) and Ram Bali (25) while they were sitting in the courtyard of a house. Both were killed instantly.
The second incident took place at Mahayein village in Ambedkar Nagar district when a farmer, identified as Rajendra, was working in his field and lightning struck him and two other labourers. While Rajendra died on the spot, the other two were rushed to hospital with injuries.
The third incident took place at Rasoolpur village in Sultanpur district when lightning hit an orchard and killed two children - Abdullah (9) and Aslam (10).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral