Live cartridges found in Taj city
Agra: Over 200 live cartridges were recovered from near the Agra Fort in this city of the Taj in Uttar Pradesh, police said on Wednesday.
The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) was conducting repair works at the site where the cartridges were found.
The cartridges were buried in a sack and were recovered on Tuesday when labourers were digging at a spot near the wall of the fort.
"They (cartridges) are mostly of AK-47 rifles and it appears that they were buried here for long. The matter is being probed," Deputy Inspector General of Police (Agra) Brij Bhushan told a news service.
However, police sources have said that two people have been arrested for questioning and initial investigations have revealed that the cartridges were to be supplied to criminals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets