LK Advani a leader of weak character: Azam Khan
Badaun: Taking a line different from party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav who recently praised LK Advani, Uttar Pradesh minister Mohammad Azam Khan today termed the BJP veteran a leader of "weak character".
"Advani was an accused in the Babri Masjid demolition case and he pays obeisance at the grave of Mohammad Ali Jinnah and terms himself as a secular.
"In reality, Advani is a leader of weak character," Azam told reporters here after distributing cheques pertaining to Kanya Vidyadhan and other government schemes.
At a function in Lucknow on March 23, Mulayam showered praise on Advani and used his comments to lash out at his son Akhilesh Yadav`s government in Uttar Pradesh.
"Advani sahab says Uttar Pradesh is in a very bad state and corruption is rampant... Now I have to assess the situation when a senior leader like Advani says such a thing. He never lies. He always speaks the truth..., the SP chief had said.
Targeting the Congress, Azam said its vote percentage was declining in Rae Bareli and Amethi, Lok Sabha constituencies of Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi respectively.
Lashing out at the BSP, he said the hard-earned money of the people was used in constructing parks and installing statues during Mayawati`s regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions