LK Advani a leader of weak character: Azam Khan
Badaun: Taking a line different from party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav who recently praised LK Advani, Uttar Pradesh minister Mohammad Azam Khan today termed the BJP veteran a leader of "weak character".
"Advani was an accused in the Babri Masjid demolition case and he pays obeisance at the grave of Mohammad Ali Jinnah and terms himself as a secular.
"In reality, Advani is a leader of weak character," Azam told reporters here after distributing cheques pertaining to Kanya Vidyadhan and other government schemes.
At a function in Lucknow on March 23, Mulayam showered praise on Advani and used his comments to lash out at his son Akhilesh Yadav`s government in Uttar Pradesh.
"Advani sahab says Uttar Pradesh is in a very bad state and corruption is rampant... Now I have to assess the situation when a senior leader like Advani says such a thing. He never lies. He always speaks the truth..., the SP chief had said.
Targeting the Congress, Azam said its vote percentage was declining in Rae Bareli and Amethi, Lok Sabha constituencies of Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi respectively.
Lashing out at the BSP, he said the hard-earned money of the people was used in constructing parks and installing statues during Mayawati`s regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!