Loans to UP farmers at 1% interest: Rajnath Singh
Bahraich: Senior BJP leader Rajnath
Singh on Saturday said his party, if voted to power in assembly
polls due in Uttar Pradesh early next year, would provide
loans at one per cent interest for farmers and at four per
cent for traders.
"BJP-ruled states like Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh,
Chhattisgarh and Uttarakhand are already providing loan at the
rate of four per cent to the farmers," Singh said while
addressing a meeting of party workers at Mihipurva area, about
70 kms from here.
The former UP CM said the loan burden on the
state would be around Rs 150 lakh crore by the time Mayawati
relinquishes her office next year.
There is an acute problem of power, water and floods
in the state, Singh said and alleged "farmers are facing
immense hardships and corruption under the BSP government."
The senior BJP leader recalled how Mayawati had promised
to put Mulayam Singh Yadav and Amar Singh in jail before
coming to power but could not muster the courage to do so
during her over four-years tenure.
Attacking the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre,
Singh said scams are surfacing one after the other. "If an
inquiry is ordered most of the Congress ministers would be
found involved in corruption," he alleged.
Singh said that on the issue of corruption, both BSP and
SP seem to be standing alongside Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Mahatma Gandhi: Know six things you didn't know about him
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan