Lucknow road rage: Driver arrested
Lucknow: Twenty four hours after an inebriated driver ran over a young man in posh Gomtinagar, the man was finally arrested late on Friday, police said.
Arjun, 24, was mowed down by a tipsy Rajesh Tiwari on Thursday night after a brief altercation. Tiwari was arrested near the Goldrush showroom at Faizabad road.
The police swung into action after outrage over the killing led to a traffic blockade by the family members, who demanded arrest of the killer. The Marshal jeep used in the crime of road rage has also been seized.
SP (Trans-Gomti) Deepika Garg said that the accused belonged to Sitapur, 100 km from here, and was employed as driver of Goldrush supervisor Raj Kumar Pandey.
Tiwari confessed before the police that late Thursday night he had come to the scene of the crime to drop one of his relatives, and after a small quarrel ran over the jeep on the young Arjun, killing him on the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation