Lucknow road rage: Driver arrested
Lucknow: Twenty four hours after an inebriated driver ran over a young man in posh Gomtinagar, the man was finally arrested late on Friday, police said.
Arjun, 24, was mowed down by a tipsy Rajesh Tiwari on Thursday night after a brief altercation. Tiwari was arrested near the Goldrush showroom at Faizabad road.
The police swung into action after outrage over the killing led to a traffic blockade by the family members, who demanded arrest of the killer. The Marshal jeep used in the crime of road rage has also been seized.
SP (Trans-Gomti) Deepika Garg said that the accused belonged to Sitapur, 100 km from here, and was employed as driver of Goldrush supervisor Raj Kumar Pandey.
Tiwari confessed before the police that late Thursday night he had come to the scene of the crime to drop one of his relatives, and after a small quarrel ran over the jeep on the young Arjun, killing him on the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'