Martyr`s relatives refuse to perform last rites, demand presence of govt officials
Zee Media Bureau
Bulandshahar: The relatives of martyr Naik Neeraj Kumar have refused to cremate his mortal remains on Tuesday, demanding that the representatives of central and state government be present during the last rites.
The dead body of the soldier was brought to his village in Uttar Pradesh`s Bulandshahar this morning to perform last rites.
Martyr Naik Neeraj Kumar's(of 57 RR) relatives deny to cremate his mortal remains until reps of Central & State Governments attend cremation
— ANI (@ANI_news) August 26, 2014
Singh, who was serving with Rashtriya Rifles Battalion (RRF), was martyred while fighting with terrorists in the Kupwara district on Sunday.
Meanwhile, the mortal remains of Grenadier Rahul Kumar from Bulandshahar, who was martyred during a counter infiltration operation in Keran Sector, was also brought to his native place today.
His mortal remains were cremated today in the presence of family, relatives and villagers who had gathered to pay their last respects.
The Vice Chief of the Army Staff, Lt Gen Philip Campose, had paid tribute to the mortal remains of the soldiers yesterday.
A wreath laying ceremony was also held at the Delhi airport which was attended by senior Army officials, a statement issued by Ministry of Defence stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!