Mathura temple stampede: Death toll rises to 3
Mathura: Three pilgrims were killed and over two dozen injured in a stampede at the Ladli Ji temple in Barsana Sunday morning where a large congregation had gathered on the occasion of Radha Ashtami.
Malini Devi (60), from Bareilly, and Kusum (42), a resident of Faridabad, were crushed to death while Deepak (40) succumbed to his injuries at the district hospital, official sources said.
Two dozen people were injured and were admitted to various hospitals, they said.
While eye-witnesses claim that a stampede took place when devotees were passing through the exit gate during prayers, the police denied any incident of such nature had taken place.
"It is not an incident of stampede. In fact both the ladies died of heart attack as they reached the temple after climbing over 100 stairs," SP (Rural) AK Rai said.
While one of them died on the spot, the other breathed her last in hospital, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan