Maya orders early completion of schemes
Lucknow: With the upcoming Uttar Pradesh
Assembly polls weighing heavily on her mind, Chief Minister
Mayawati on Wednesday directed officials to ensure completion of all
works related to Ambedkar villages by December "at all costs".
She said allotment of houses under Phase-II of Kanshiram
Urban Poor Housing Schemes should be completed by month-end.
Mayawati also warned that no laxity should be committed in
implementation of Janhit Guarantee Act and officials failing
to provide services within set time-frame should be penalised.
The chief minister issued the directives after a
high-level meeting to review law and order and development
works, an official spokesman said here.
She said complaints regarding corruption in government
works and schemes should be taken seriously.
She asked field officers to maintain vigil and ensure
adequate security in the wake of upcoming festive season.
Mayawati said that a campaign should be launched against
manufacturers of illegal fire crackers ahead of Diwali and
action taken against them.
She said that in view of sowing season availability of
fertilsers should be ensured and raids be conducted against
sale centres and blackmarketeers.
Assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh will be held early
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon