Maya orders early completion of schemes
Lucknow: With the upcoming Uttar Pradesh
Assembly polls weighing heavily on her mind, Chief Minister
Mayawati on Wednesday directed officials to ensure completion of all
works related to Ambedkar villages by December "at all costs".
She said allotment of houses under Phase-II of Kanshiram
Urban Poor Housing Schemes should be completed by month-end.
Mayawati also warned that no laxity should be committed in
implementation of Janhit Guarantee Act and officials failing
to provide services within set time-frame should be penalised.
The chief minister issued the directives after a
high-level meeting to review law and order and development
works, an official spokesman said here.
She said complaints regarding corruption in government
works and schemes should be taken seriously.
She asked field officers to maintain vigil and ensure
adequate security in the wake of upcoming festive season.
Mayawati said that a campaign should be launched against
manufacturers of illegal fire crackers ahead of Diwali and
action taken against them.
She said that in view of sowing season availability of
fertilsers should be ensured and raids be conducted against
sale centres and blackmarketeers.
Assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh will be held early
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon