Maya orders early completion of schemes
Lucknow: With the upcoming Uttar Pradesh
Assembly polls weighing heavily on her mind, Chief Minister
Mayawati on Wednesday directed officials to ensure completion of all
works related to Ambedkar villages by December "at all costs".
She said allotment of houses under Phase-II of Kanshiram
Urban Poor Housing Schemes should be completed by month-end.
Mayawati also warned that no laxity should be committed in
implementation of Janhit Guarantee Act and officials failing
to provide services within set time-frame should be penalised.
The chief minister issued the directives after a
high-level meeting to review law and order and development
works, an official spokesman said here.
She said complaints regarding corruption in government
works and schemes should be taken seriously.
She asked field officers to maintain vigil and ensure
adequate security in the wake of upcoming festive season.
Mayawati said that a campaign should be launched against
manufacturers of illegal fire crackers ahead of Diwali and
action taken against them.
She said that in view of sowing season availability of
fertilsers should be ensured and raids be conducted against
sale centres and blackmarketeers.
Assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh will be held early
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow