Mayawati attacks SP govt over law and order
Lucknow: Attacking the Samajwadi Party government over the law and order situation in the state, BSP president Mayawati Tuesday said the current regime has created massive insecurity and panic among the people.
A BSP release quoting the former chief minister said that communal tension in different parts of the state has not only resulted in loss of life and property but has also harmed amity and brotherhood in society which is very unfortunate and a matter of grave concern.
She said that crime control and law and order has been bad ever since Samajwadi Party came to power but now it is complete jungle and mafia raj in the state and the government appears to be totally inadequate to deal with it.
Referring to clashes in Mathura, Bareilly, Pratapgarh and Faizabad in the recent past, she said, since these places are very sensitive, strict measures should have been in place in these districts.
"But it is most unfortunate that the government remained impassive and lax on such sensitive issues and instead remained busy in making tall claims and promises and people believe that many more such incidents have taken place in these past few months", she said.
Because of the prevailing tension, terror and law and order situation, the people of the state are experiencing great insecurity, she said, adding, that the attitude of the SP government has made police and administration inactive.
It is the police and administrative officers who are under pressure instead of the criminals, whereas in the BSP government there was total rule of law in the state.
The former chief minister also asked the SP government to take a lesson from her government and control the situation and give relief to common people.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way