Mayawati govt harassing honest officials: BJP
Lucknow: BJP on Friday accused the Uttar Pradesh
government of harassing administrative officials who had
raised their voices against scams in the regime.
"The tenure of the BSP would be remembered as the regime
of democratic terror," party spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak
told reporters here.
Referring to senior bureaucrat Promila Shanker, who was
placed under suspension by the Mayawati government, he alleged
that honest and dedicated officers were falling prey to
"Any officer who raised voice against scams and
corruptions faced wrath of the state government. The case of
former chief secretary Prashant Mishra taking voluntary
retirement is known to all," he alleged.
He said that the death of senior IAS officer Harminder
Raj Singh is still mired in suspicion and IPS officer Amitabh
Thakur had to seek legal recourse for justice.
"Terming IPS officer D D Mishra, who spoke against the
corruption of the state government, as mentally disturbed is
an example of harassment of honest officers," he pointed.
In the wake of forthcoming Assembly elections, Pathak
demanded that the Election Commission should take suo moto
cognisance of the illegal transfers of officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- When Microsoft almost bought Yahoo for $45 billion!
- HC tells cops to act if offence made out against Owaisi
- After Kejriwal's dramatic video message, sacked AAP minister claims his life under threat from Delhi CM
- Ruthlessness and positive the key to success in bowling: Ishant Sharma
- Telangana: suspension of 11 lower court judges revoked