Minor Dalit girl raped in Rampur
Rampur: A minor Dalit girl was allegedly raped by a married man at gun-point in Rampur district, the eighth rape incident here this month.
The 16-year-old victim had gone to relieve herself in a field in Shahbad Tehsil on Monday night, when the accused allegedly caught hold of her and raped her at gun-point, police said today.
The accused, Om Singh Yadav (22), who was known to the victim was arrested yesterday, they said.
Authorities have announced a compensation of Rs 60,000 under the SC/ST Act for the victim, Rampur collector CP Tripathi said.
According to police records, eight rape incidents have been reported in Rampur this month, while 25 sexual assault cases were lodged in the district in the past six months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?
- IRS website hacked by suspected Pakistani hackers, messages like 'Pakistan Zindabad' posted