Minor Dalit girl raped in Rampur
Rampur: A minor Dalit girl was allegedly raped by a married man at gun-point in Rampur district, the eighth rape incident here this month.
The 16-year-old victim had gone to relieve herself in a field in Shahbad Tehsil on Monday night, when the accused allegedly caught hold of her and raped her at gun-point, police said today.
The accused, Om Singh Yadav (22), who was known to the victim was arrested yesterday, they said.
Authorities have announced a compensation of Rs 60,000 under the SC/ST Act for the victim, Rampur collector CP Tripathi said.
According to police records, eight rape incidents have been reported in Rampur this month, while 25 sexual assault cases were lodged in the district in the past six months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- WATCH: When PM Narendra Modi made fun of Congress, blasted the party over corruption, poverty
- Over 150 BJP workers detained as they protest in Delhi against party worker's murder in Kerala
- It's big! Marathi film 'Sairat' rakes in a whopping Rs 65 cr in 3 weeks
- Indian Premier League 9, Match 55: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Sunrisers Hyderabad - As it happened...
- IPL 2016, Match 56: DD vs RCB - Squads, date, time, venue, TV listing, live streaming