Minor girl raped at Kanpur railway station
Kanpur: A 16-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a son of a railway worker at the Kanpur Central railway station here, police said on Wednesday.
The incident happened yesterday when the girl, resident of Jharkhand, got down at the station to get water, but missed her train. Later, she was taken to an empty coach by the son of a railway worker, Surendra Tiwari, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) said.
The accused has been identified as Manoj Kumar Gupta, he said.
The accused has been arrested and the girl has been sent for medical examination, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security