Minor girl raped at Kanpur railway station
Kanpur: A 16-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a son of a railway worker at the Kanpur Central railway station here, police said on Wednesday.
The incident happened yesterday when the girl, resident of Jharkhand, got down at the station to get water, but missed her train. Later, she was taken to an empty coach by the son of a railway worker, Surendra Tiwari, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) said.
The accused has been identified as Manoj Kumar Gupta, he said.
The accused has been arrested and the girl has been sent for medical examination, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried