Minor girl raped at Kanpur railway station
Kanpur: A 16-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a son of a railway worker at the Kanpur Central railway station here, police said on Wednesday.
The incident happened yesterday when the girl, resident of Jharkhand, got down at the station to get water, but missed her train. Later, she was taken to an empty coach by the son of a railway worker, Surendra Tiwari, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) said.
The accused has been identified as Manoj Kumar Gupta, he said.
The accused has been arrested and the girl has been sent for medical examination, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond
- Narendra Modi government failed to create jobs, aid agriculture: Congress
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond says Judi Dench