Minor girl raped at Kanpur railway station
Kanpur: A 16-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a son of a railway worker at the Kanpur Central railway station here, police said on Wednesday.
The incident happened yesterday when the girl, resident of Jharkhand, got down at the station to get water, but missed her train. Later, she was taken to an empty coach by the son of a railway worker, Surendra Tiwari, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) said.
The accused has been identified as Manoj Kumar Gupta, he said.
The accused has been arrested and the girl has been sent for medical examination, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA