Modi hogs attention at Taj Lit fest
Agra: Narendra Modi grabbed much attention on the concluding day of Taj Literature Festival as a section of speakers on the occasion gave a thumbs down to the Gujarat Chief Minister as a possible Prime Ministerial candidate.
Politics took major share of the limelight as guests attending the literature festival yesterday discussed the current political scenario of the country.
Writer Shobha De said Modi should limit himself to Gujarat and work on his image as "youth of the country would be unable forget his deeds", in an apparent reference to the 2002 Gujarat riots.
Her comment came in response to BJP leader Vani Tripathi`s remark that political leaders should have a clean image.
Ad maker Prahlad Kakkar supported De`s view, saying that Modi would be the right candidate "if the country needed an enemy".
The three-day festival ended with a call to make the event an annual affair and also more space to be given to Hindi writers and poets.
Apart from De, Kakkar and Rai, Hindi humorists Pawan Verma and Surendra Verma, editor Sabah Naqvi, actor Farooq Shaikh, producer Muzaffar Ali and Hindi writer Ashok Chakradhar attended the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog