Modi hogs attention at Taj Lit fest
Agra: Narendra Modi grabbed much attention on the concluding day of Taj Literature Festival as a section of speakers on the occasion gave a thumbs down to the Gujarat Chief Minister as a possible Prime Ministerial candidate.
Politics took major share of the limelight as guests attending the literature festival yesterday discussed the current political scenario of the country.
Writer Shobha De said Modi should limit himself to Gujarat and work on his image as "youth of the country would be unable forget his deeds", in an apparent reference to the 2002 Gujarat riots.
Her comment came in response to BJP leader Vani Tripathi`s remark that political leaders should have a clean image.
Ad maker Prahlad Kakkar supported De`s view, saying that Modi would be the right candidate "if the country needed an enemy".
The three-day festival ended with a call to make the event an annual affair and also more space to be given to Hindi writers and poets.
Apart from De, Kakkar and Rai, Hindi humorists Pawan Verma and Surendra Verma, editor Sabah Naqvi, actor Farooq Shaikh, producer Muzaffar Ali and Hindi writer Ashok Chakradhar attended the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report