Modi hogs attention at Taj Lit fest
Agra: Narendra Modi grabbed much attention on the concluding day of Taj Literature Festival as a section of speakers on the occasion gave a thumbs down to the Gujarat Chief Minister as a possible Prime Ministerial candidate.
Politics took major share of the limelight as guests attending the literature festival yesterday discussed the current political scenario of the country.
Writer Shobha De said Modi should limit himself to Gujarat and work on his image as "youth of the country would be unable forget his deeds", in an apparent reference to the 2002 Gujarat riots.
Her comment came in response to BJP leader Vani Tripathi`s remark that political leaders should have a clean image.
Ad maker Prahlad Kakkar supported De`s view, saying that Modi would be the right candidate "if the country needed an enemy".
The three-day festival ended with a call to make the event an annual affair and also more space to be given to Hindi writers and poets.
Apart from De, Kakkar and Rai, Hindi humorists Pawan Verma and Surendra Verma, editor Sabah Naqvi, actor Farooq Shaikh, producer Muzaffar Ali and Hindi writer Ashok Chakradhar attended the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- 3rd Test: India vs Sri Lanka 2015 - Preview