Modi hogs attention at Taj Lit fest
Agra: Narendra Modi grabbed much attention on the concluding day of Taj Literature Festival as a section of speakers on the occasion gave a thumbs down to the Gujarat Chief Minister as a possible Prime Ministerial candidate.
Politics took major share of the limelight as guests attending the literature festival yesterday discussed the current political scenario of the country.
Writer Shobha De said Modi should limit himself to Gujarat and work on his image as "youth of the country would be unable forget his deeds", in an apparent reference to the 2002 Gujarat riots.
Her comment came in response to BJP leader Vani Tripathi`s remark that political leaders should have a clean image.
Ad maker Prahlad Kakkar supported De`s view, saying that Modi would be the right candidate "if the country needed an enemy".
The three-day festival ended with a call to make the event an annual affair and also more space to be given to Hindi writers and poets.
Apart from De, Kakkar and Rai, Hindi humorists Pawan Verma and Surendra Verma, editor Sabah Naqvi, actor Farooq Shaikh, producer Muzaffar Ali and Hindi writer Ashok Chakradhar attended the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing