Modi hogs attention at Taj Lit fest
Agra: Narendra Modi grabbed much attention on the concluding day of Taj Literature Festival as a section of speakers on the occasion gave a thumbs down to the Gujarat Chief Minister as a possible Prime Ministerial candidate.
Politics took major share of the limelight as guests attending the literature festival yesterday discussed the current political scenario of the country.
Writer Shobha De said Modi should limit himself to Gujarat and work on his image as "youth of the country would be unable forget his deeds", in an apparent reference to the 2002 Gujarat riots.
Her comment came in response to BJP leader Vani Tripathi`s remark that political leaders should have a clean image.
Ad maker Prahlad Kakkar supported De`s view, saying that Modi would be the right candidate "if the country needed an enemy".
The three-day festival ended with a call to make the event an annual affair and also more space to be given to Hindi writers and poets.
Apart from De, Kakkar and Rai, Hindi humorists Pawan Verma and Surendra Verma, editor Sabah Naqvi, actor Farooq Shaikh, producer Muzaffar Ali and Hindi writer Ashok Chakradhar attended the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir?
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part II
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part III
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- Low-cost cancer treatment should be priority: NITI Aayog CEO
- SC orders medical board in abnormal foetus case
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies