Mulayam`s remark on Ayodhya verdict vote-bank politics: Kalyan
Lucknow: Hitting out at Mulayam Singh Yadav
for condemning the Ayodhya verdict, former Uttar Pradesh chief
minister Kalyan Singh on Friday accused the SP chief of
instigating Muslims and playing vote-bank politics.
"Yadav`s statement that the verdict gave precedence to
faith over law and evidence is indicative of his frustration
over the fact that he is losing Muslim support...As Yadav
finds that his political future is dark, he has started
playing communal card," Singh told reporters here.
The former BJP stalwart asked the community to be wary of
such vote hungry leaders.
Earlier in the day, Yadav had said the Muslim community
felt cheated by the Ayodhya title suit verdict, prompting
Chief Minister Mayawati to warn of strict action against any
attempt to vitiate the communal atmosphere.
"I am disappointed at the judicial verdicts that give
precedence to faith over law and evidence. This does not augur
good for the country, the Constitution and the Judiciary
itself," Yadav had said.
Singh asked the SP leader to take inspiration from Hashim
Ansari, the 90-year-old litigant of the Ayodhya title suit,
who has not only welcomed the court decision but has also
appealed to the Muslims to end the chapter and cooperate in
the construction of the Ram temple.
Welcoming the stand taken by all political and religions
leaders after the verdict, he wondered as to why Yadav, who
had earlier said that the court`s verdict should be accepted
by all, has made the shift.
However, Singh -- who was the chief minister when the
Babri mosque was demolished in 1992, said he did not want the
land be divided into three parts as decided by the court.
On his next move, Singh said he will wait for another
three months and the next step would only be the construction
of a grand Ram temple in Ayodhya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured