Mulayam`s remark on Ayodhya verdict vote-bank politics: Kalyan
Lucknow: Hitting out at Mulayam Singh Yadav
for condemning the Ayodhya verdict, former Uttar Pradesh chief
minister Kalyan Singh on Friday accused the SP chief of
instigating Muslims and playing vote-bank politics.
"Yadav`s statement that the verdict gave precedence to
faith over law and evidence is indicative of his frustration
over the fact that he is losing Muslim support...As Yadav
finds that his political future is dark, he has started
playing communal card," Singh told reporters here.
The former BJP stalwart asked the community to be wary of
such vote hungry leaders.
Earlier in the day, Yadav had said the Muslim community
felt cheated by the Ayodhya title suit verdict, prompting
Chief Minister Mayawati to warn of strict action against any
attempt to vitiate the communal atmosphere.
"I am disappointed at the judicial verdicts that give
precedence to faith over law and evidence. This does not augur
good for the country, the Constitution and the Judiciary
itself," Yadav had said.
Singh asked the SP leader to take inspiration from Hashim
Ansari, the 90-year-old litigant of the Ayodhya title suit,
who has not only welcomed the court decision but has also
appealed to the Muslims to end the chapter and cooperate in
the construction of the Ram temple.
Welcoming the stand taken by all political and religions
leaders after the verdict, he wondered as to why Yadav, who
had earlier said that the court`s verdict should be accepted
by all, has made the shift.
However, Singh -- who was the chief minister when the
Babri mosque was demolished in 1992, said he did not want the
land be divided into three parts as decided by the court.
On his next move, Singh said he will wait for another
three months and the next step would only be the construction
of a grand Ram temple in Ayodhya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in