Mulayam`s remark on Ayodhya verdict vote-bank politics: Kalyan
Lucknow: Hitting out at Mulayam Singh Yadav
for condemning the Ayodhya verdict, former Uttar Pradesh chief
minister Kalyan Singh on Friday accused the SP chief of
instigating Muslims and playing vote-bank politics.
"Yadav`s statement that the verdict gave precedence to
faith over law and evidence is indicative of his frustration
over the fact that he is losing Muslim support...As Yadav
finds that his political future is dark, he has started
playing communal card," Singh told reporters here.
The former BJP stalwart asked the community to be wary of
such vote hungry leaders.
Earlier in the day, Yadav had said the Muslim community
felt cheated by the Ayodhya title suit verdict, prompting
Chief Minister Mayawati to warn of strict action against any
attempt to vitiate the communal atmosphere.
"I am disappointed at the judicial verdicts that give
precedence to faith over law and evidence. This does not augur
good for the country, the Constitution and the Judiciary
itself," Yadav had said.
Singh asked the SP leader to take inspiration from Hashim
Ansari, the 90-year-old litigant of the Ayodhya title suit,
who has not only welcomed the court decision but has also
appealed to the Muslims to end the chapter and cooperate in
the construction of the Ram temple.
Welcoming the stand taken by all political and religions
leaders after the verdict, he wondered as to why Yadav, who
had earlier said that the court`s verdict should be accepted
by all, has made the shift.
However, Singh -- who was the chief minister when the
Babri mosque was demolished in 1992, said he did not want the
land be divided into three parts as decided by the court.
On his next move, Singh said he will wait for another
three months and the next step would only be the construction
of a grand Ram temple in Ayodhya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?