Muzaffarnagar riots accused arrested, sent to judicial custody
Muzaffarnagar: A main accused involved in a Muzaffarnagar riots-related murder case has been arrested here, police said.
Pappu, son of Mahender Singh is one of the eleven accused in connection with the killing of a youth Nazim, was arrested yesterday, according to police.
A local court later sent him to a 14-day judicial custody.
He was sent to the custody by Chief Judicial Magistrate Narender Kumar yesterday.
A pistol was also recovered from his possession, they said.
Resident of Lankh village here, Nazim was killed when he was travelling by roadways bus running between Rehmatpur and Jolly village. He was taken out of the bus by the rioters and shot dead during the communal violence in the district last September, they said.
Meanwhile during an investigation the Special Investigation Team (SIT) has identified the eleven accused including Pappu, who lead the rioters.
"He was involved in 15 different cases and SIT identified him as the main accused in the riots, with ten others still absconding," SIT police officer Sampurnanand Tiwari, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?