Muzaffarnagar riots accused arrested, sent to judicial custody
Muzaffarnagar: A main accused involved in a Muzaffarnagar riots-related murder case has been arrested here, police said.
Pappu, son of Mahender Singh is one of the eleven accused in connection with the killing of a youth Nazim, was arrested yesterday, according to police.
A local court later sent him to a 14-day judicial custody.
He was sent to the custody by Chief Judicial Magistrate Narender Kumar yesterday.
A pistol was also recovered from his possession, they said.
Resident of Lankh village here, Nazim was killed when he was travelling by roadways bus running between Rehmatpur and Jolly village. He was taken out of the bus by the rioters and shot dead during the communal violence in the district last September, they said.
Meanwhile during an investigation the Special Investigation Team (SIT) has identified the eleven accused including Pappu, who lead the rioters.
"He was involved in 15 different cases and SIT identified him as the main accused in the riots, with ten others still absconding," SIT police officer Sampurnanand Tiwari, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’